At some point during my undergraduate degree (Bachelor of Science in Astrophysics, with a Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing) I thought, "wouldn't it be cool if I collected all the physics and maths formulae I've learnt into a notebook?" This became three notebooks, then, when I realised how untidy they were getting, a LaTeX document. In the hope that others might find it useful, I decided to put it up here. Three years after it began, here it is!
This document is intended as a reference for physics and astrophysics students (myself included). I plan to continue adding to it - it's already a semester out of date!
Corrections and suggestions are more than welcome. Comment below or use the many forms of contact listed here.
*May not be ultimate
- v 0.1 2016: This project is begun in a trio of physical exercise books as The Little Book of Physics
Formulae, The Little Book of Mathematics Formulae, and The Little Book of Astronomy
- v 0.6 2016: The process of transferring the formulae from paper to Latex is initiated, but abandoned (or drifted away from).
- v 0.7 2018-03-20: The project is resurrected (probably because the author started MRes), uploaded to Overleaf, and cleaned up.
- v 0.8 2018-07-12: All remaining formulae imported from the original books.
- v 0.9 2018-07-26: Formulae imported from undergrad formula sheets.
- v 1.0 2018-07-28: First public release, with some additions from 0.9.
- v 1.0.1 2018-07-31: Minor corrections, added "dynamical timescale" (2.2.2) and some more formulae to the Statistics chapter (it was looking a little bare).